The Chrysler Group Warranty Advantage.......
The Basic Limited Warranty is often referred to as "bumper to bumper" coverage for the entire vehicle. These warranties are described as "limited" because they are not intended to cover everything that might go wrong with the vehicle. Basic limited warranties exclude:
- Normal wear and maintenance items (oil, filters, brake linings).
- Damage from the environment (hail, floods, 'acts of God').
- Damage from improper maintenance, such as use of incorrect fuel.
- Damage caused by the owner or vehicle occupants.
- Batteries and tires because they are usally warranted by their manufactures.
There is also an Extended Powertrain Limited Warranty that extends beyond the basic limited warranty. This applies to major components such as engine, transmission, and drive system.
Currently, the warranties being offered by Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and RAM are as follows:
3-Year/36,000 Mile Basic Limited Warranty
- 3/36 (whichever comes first) Basic Limited Warranty covers the complete vehicle against defects in factory supplied materials and workmanship.
5-Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty
- 5/100,000 (whichever comes first) Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components; engine, transmission, and drive system.
24-Hour Towing Assistance
- Towing assistance provides free towing to the nearest dealership in the event a component covered by the 3/36 Basic Limited Warranty, 5/100,00 Powertrain Limited Warranty and/or the Diesel Engine Limtied Warranty should fail.
Cummins Diesel Engine Limited Warranty
- A 5 year/100,000 mile (which ever comes first) Diesel Limited Warranty begins at the end of the 3/36 Basic Limited Warranty on vehicle equipped with a Cummins Diesel Engine.
Corrosions Limited Warranty
- A 5 year/100,000 mile (whichever comes first) Corrosions Limited Warranty covers all parts and labor needed to repair exterior sheet metal panels perforated by corrosion.
If the original factory warranty stays with the vehicle and transfers automatically to subsequent owners at no cost during the waranty period.